Sunday, January 30, 2011

A few of my favorite things

Thank you to my friend Emilie, I have discovered Joy the Baker. She writes an amazing blog filled with beautiful pictures about baking and cooking. I anxiously await her new posts and feel like she could be my best friend. I have made 2 of her recipes so far and plan to try every one. Tonight I was trying to figure out what to make for my neighbor whose birthday is tomorrow. Like an angel's voice my phone alerted me that I had a new e-mail, which was her new post. Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti. OMG. I went off to bake them right away and now my apartment smells heavenly of peanut buttery goodness. I plan to leave these on his doorstep so he can enjoy them with his birthday coffee....

They are not too hard to bite into either!


Ready to combine the ingredients for Joy's Orange Chocolate Chip Scones


The finished product. Awesome combo of orange and chocolate!

Speaking of birthdays, I was given an Ork Poster for my birthday from my friend Kim earlier this month. She knows how much I love San Francisco and pretty things.
I read more about this company and found out they use recycled paper and soy-based inks. I liked it so much I ordered my friend in SoCal a poster of LA for his upcoming birthday.
Who wouldn't like baked goods and cool art for their birthday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment